Don’t Miss Your Shot!!

Katie Marker, Writer

As we finally start to approach this year’s holiday season, winter sports are right around the cold corner. Yorkville’s Basketball Teams have found a perfect way to stay warm. The boy’s team houses not only many trophies from conference and sectional tournaments, but a family dynamic and community as well. I went on the hunt to try and get to the bottom of the basic facts you need to know to join the team. Senior Logan Habada tells me that “We have lifting three days a week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from two forty-five to around four, and then we also have open gyms from six to eight on Mondays and Wednesdays. We have a fall league with a couple of our players on Sundays at ‘supreme courts’ where we play different schools in scrimmage games. It’s a lot of fun.” Although practice times make an impact in your schedule, junior Mason Klaas says that, “Commitment is everything, and you’re not going to be the best you can be by not showing up to every practice we have, every lifting we have. I think the culture of Yorkville basketball will stick with you for the rest of your life, and that’s something you will embrace for a very long time.” Varsity Boys Basketball is coached by Mr. Dunn, a history teacher at the main campus. He tells me that, “Our boys work hard for what they love. They dedicate most of their time to seeing success come out of their hard work. It gets intense, i’m not going to lie, but it’s an amazing experience that i’m very proud and honored to be a part of.”   

So to recap,

• Lifting Monday, Tuesday, Thursday  from 2:45 to 4
  • Open Gym Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 to 8  
  • Supreme Court Scrimmages on Sundays at 6

Winter is coming with full force alongside cold weather, crisp leaves, and basketball season. Help your team make the local sport’s lovers proud. Come on out for fun memories and hard working nights with joining the basketball team this season. For more information please see the main office for flyers and personal sources to complete any more questions you may have. As Klaas says, “We’re a family, a little community that just loves our game and the team we play it with.” Don’t forget your water bottle, and your hard work. GO FOXES!